HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
April 2014
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930    
CalendarCalendar
SDC| Promotions
Top posters
SDC|96825
 
|SaD|Avery
 
|SaD|Lillian
 
DWS|Co. Darkerkyo
 
|SaD|Peter
 
Brittney
 
aussiestreetfighter
 
IronMan64
 
|SaD|Cabanaboy101
 
|SaD|Theottis
 
Latest topics
» Top CEOs and thriving Start-up's across the country!
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:58 am by SDC|96825

» Official Wall Street Thread
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:55 am by SDC|96825

» Show your peace makers!
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:48 am by SDC|96825

» JetBlue pilots vote to unionize
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:47 am by SDC|96825

» Move over Facebook, Alibaba's mega IPO is coming
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:45 am by SDC|96825

» Official Real Estate Thread
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:44 am by SDC|96825

» 'My infertility is a blessing'
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:43 am by SDC|96825

» The future of the terrorist threat to America
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 am by SDC|96825

» FBI seeks victims of 'prolific' international child predator
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:40 am by SDC|96825

Most active topics
Official MLB Thread
Official MMA|WMMA Thread
Official NBA Thread
Official NFL Thread
Official Muay Thai|Kick|Boxing Thread
Official Politics thread!(election night,false promises,canidate hopefuls,budget,proposals,party affiliation etc)
Official MMA|WMMA Thread
Official College Football Thread
Official NHL Thread
Uprising and revolution in the Middleast and North Africa.....will it work?
Share | 
 

 The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IronMan64



Posts: 538
Join date: 2010-06-05
Age: 30
Location: Germany

PostSubject: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Like the poison gas attack on Tokyo less than a year later,the airplane hijacking by Algerian Terrorists on the tarmac in Algeirs was equally as frightening and captured the world's attention at a time when most were celebrating Christmas and looking toward the New Year.



But this particular terrorist attack would end with a mostly happy ending and become a text book road map for defeating a terorist hijacking.The events which took place on December 26th 1994 when French special police unit known as the GIGN stormed the French airliner in Marseilles,France has not only become one of the most infamous but most studied incident in history since then.Special police units including Germany's own G5G9(modeled after GSG9 following the Munich Olympic Massacre) use video footage of the police tactical assault to help train their own members on what to do in the event of such a dangerous real life scenario.



When the 48 hour event was over all 5 of the terrorists were dead and 9 GIGN officers,13 passengers and 3 civilians were wounded;the only 3 passengers killed execution style by the terrorists were killed in Algeria before the plane was allowed to take off for France,so the police raid can be considered the most successful such incident in history.

This is the rest of this very compelling story and as the 16 year anniversary approaches I just thought I would share it with you all.







Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick



Posts: 253
Join date: 2010-06-10
Age: 22
Location: Staak,Poland

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:26 pm

yep.....thats how its done lol.

1 up for civilized society

1 down for radicalized idiots cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronMan64



Posts: 538
Join date: 2010-06-05
Age: 30
Location: Germany

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:10 am

Stick wrote:
yep.....thats how its done lol.

1 up for civilized society

1 down for radicalized idiots cheers
haha yes,only terrorists study these things too.....(hence the 9/11 preperation and plot to hijack the target planes in the air as opposed to on the ground).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|SaD|Avery
XBox Live Division Commander


Posts: 4091
Join date: 2010-06-04
Age: 28
Location: Chicago,IL

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:55 pm

wow I just showed my dad this documentary a few months ago.Its the only complete version of telling that story that I could find.Very riveting.

I believe that that hostage rescue operation was the single most successful such police action in the world.Though had it been in Russia everyone would have likely died lol.Those people are so lucky.Spetznaz may look pretty in training and busting mob drug dealers but they suck when it comes to saving lives thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronMan64



Posts: 538
Join date: 2010-06-05
Age: 30
Location: Germany

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:56 pm

|SaD|Colt.45 wrote:
wow I just showed my dad this documentary a few months ago.Its the only complete version of telling that story that I could find.Very riveting.

I believe that that hostage rescue operation was the single most successful such police action in the world.Though had it been in Russia everyone would have likely died lol.Those people are so lucky.Spetznaz may look pretty in training and busting mob drug dealers but they suck when it comes to saving lives thats for sure.
No doubt.Im sure that you must be referring to the Beslan and Moscow theatre tragedies,although you have to remember they were dealing with terrorists that were willing to die and probably expected to.Although the Russian special forces guys could have been a little more cautious and tactical in both cases.I mean using experimental nerve gases like sleeping pills and not securing the perimeter around the school properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|SaD|Avery
XBox Live Division Commander


Posts: 4091
Join date: 2010-06-04
Age: 28
Location: Chicago,IL

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:33 pm

IronMan64 wrote:
|SaD|Colt.45 wrote:
wow I just showed my dad this documentary a few months ago.Its the only complete version of telling that story that I could find.Very riveting.

I believe that that hostage rescue operation was the single most successful such police action in the world.Though had it been in Russia everyone would have likely died lol.Those people are so lucky.Spetznaz may look pretty in training and busting mob drug dealers but they suck when it comes to saving lives thats for sure.
No doubt.Im sure that you must be referring to the Beslan and Moscow theatre tragedies,although you have to remember they were dealing with terrorists that were willing to die and probably expected to.Although the Russian special forces guys could have been a little more cautious and tactical in both cases.I mean using experimental nerve gases like sleeping pills and not securing the perimeter around the school properly.
Yea I know suicide terrorists but as you showed with the way the french handled the situation in Marseilles there are more effecient ways to defeating a terrorist assault.

You Germans wised up after the Munich Tragedy as did we but it seems that Russian just keeps on making the same mistakes and result in epic fails.I think its because of the lack of value for human life vs other parts of Europe and North America.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronMan64



Posts: 538
Join date: 2010-06-05
Age: 30
Location: Germany

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:30 pm

|SaD|Colt.45 wrote:
IronMan64 wrote:
|SaD|Colt.45 wrote:
wow I just showed my dad this documentary a few months ago.Its the only complete version of telling that story that I could find.Very riveting.

I believe that that hostage rescue operation was the single most successful such police action in the world.Though had it been in Russia everyone would have likely died lol.Those people are so lucky.Spetznaz may look pretty in training and busting mob drug dealers but they suck when it comes to saving lives thats for sure.
No doubt.Im sure that you must be referring to the Beslan and Moscow theatre tragedies,although you have to remember they were dealing with terrorists that were willing to die and probably expected to.Although the Russian special forces guys could have been a little more cautious and tactical in both cases.I mean using experimental nerve gases like sleeping pills and not securing the perimeter around the school properly.
Yea I know suicide terrorists but as you showed with the way the french handled the situation in Marseilles there are more effecient ways to defeating a terrorist assault.

You Germans wised up after the Munich Tragedy as did we but it seems that Russian just keeps on making the same mistakes and result in epic fails.I think its because of the lack of value for human life vs other parts of Europe and North America.
Yes we did but there was also a scandal involving what many Germans believe was a set up by the German government following Munich to release the surviving terrorist who had been caputured after the shootout at Fiiirste un Felgrum' .A Luthansa jet was supposedly hijacked a few weeks afterward before their arraignment trial was to begin in Barvaria with just 12 passenger aboard by Palestinian terrorists Cool .They demanded the release of the terrorist and the Provincial Court of Barvaria immidiatley gave in and let them leave the country.So in a sense we still gave in to terrorists and took a while to learn that you cant give in.

The only mistake that the Russians made was trying the wrong tactic at the wrong time.In the Moscow theatre incident they tried to use a dangerous sleeping gas that hadnt been proven as safe and plus they used too large a quantity to try and neutralize the situation.The mistake they made at Beslan again was not securing the scene and waiting to perform action too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|SaD|Avery
XBox Live Division Commander


Posts: 4091
Join date: 2010-06-04
Age: 28
Location: Chicago,IL

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:55 pm

IronMan64 wrote:
|SaD|Colt.45 wrote:
IronMan64 wrote:
|SaD|Colt.45 wrote:
wow I just showed my dad this documentary a few months ago.Its the only complete version of telling that story that I could find.Very riveting.

I believe that that hostage rescue operation was the single most successful such police action in the world.Though had it been in Russia everyone would have likely died lol.Those people are so lucky.Spetznaz may look pretty in training and busting mob drug dealers but they suck when it comes to saving lives thats for sure.
No doubt.Im sure that you must be referring to the Beslan and Moscow theatre tragedies,although you have to remember they were dealing with terrorists that were willing to die and probably expected to.Although the Russian special forces guys could have been a little more cautious and tactical in both cases.I mean using experimental nerve gases like sleeping pills and not securing the perimeter around the school properly.
Yea I know suicide terrorists but as you showed with the way the french handled the situation in Marseilles there are more effecient ways to defeating a terrorist assault.

You Germans wised up after the Munich Tragedy as did we but it seems that Russian just keeps on making the same mistakes and result in epic fails.I think its because of the lack of value for human life vs other parts of Europe and North America.
Yes we did but there was also a scandal involving what many Germans believe was a set up by the German government following Munich to release the surviving terrorist who had been caputured after the shootout at Fiiirste un Felgrum' .A Luthansa jet was supposedly hijacked a few weeks afterward before their arraignment trial was to begin in Barvaria with just 12 passenger aboard by Palestinian terrorists Cool .They demanded the release of the terrorist and the Provincial Court of Barvaria immidiatley gave in and let them leave the country.So in a sense we still gave in to terrorists and took a while to learn that you cant give in.

The only mistake that the Russians made was trying the wrong tactic at the wrong time.In the Moscow theatre incident they tried to use a dangerous sleeping gas that hadnt been proven as safe and plus they used too large a quantity to try and neutralize the situation.The mistake they made at Beslan again was not securing the scene and waiting to perform action too long.
Yes I heard about that Luthansa hijacking where they released the surviving Black September terrorists in a documentary about the Munich massacre as well as the 2007 movie with the same title(Munich).

But you know that was actually a good thing because seems to me that those bastards got dealt more justice out of the confines of German prison than any lengthy court trial would have given.

2 of the 3 were later assassinated by Mossad agents and 1 lives in hiding.

As far as the rooskies well they have a reputation of being "Crude but effective" that follows them throughout history lol,only in this case they were only crude in their hostage negotiation and rescue tactics.The theatre plan I agree would have worked if they had have made the dosage correct..they basically turned sleeping gas into poison gas...the idiots lol.

And in Beslan you know maybe I should reconsider my scolding for them on that cause the way those Chechen assholes had that set up I dont think there was anything anyone could do even here.They were gonna blow those bombs no matter what,they came in there prepared to die......they knew they were making an offer that the Russian government would never except and stooped low enough(targeting children) where the price for that non-exception would be so great that it would ache and break the heart of everyone who saw the aftermath.

Which is why the world no longer cares about what happens to Chechnya.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronMan64



Posts: 538
Join date: 2010-06-05
Age: 30
Location: Germany

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Quote :
But you know that was actually a good thing because seems to me that those bastards got dealt more justice out of the confines of German prison than any lengthy court trial would have given.
Yes I somewhat agree but even as cowardly and barbaric as these Islamic idiots are,they still should have been given fair quarter.And I say this not because I believe that they deserve to be treated fairly but simply because I believe we deserve to know and be reminded that we are much better and more civilized then them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|SaD|Avery
XBox Live Division Commander


Posts: 4091
Join date: 2010-06-04
Age: 28
Location: Chicago,IL

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:34 pm

IronMan64 wrote:
Quote :
But you know that was actually a good thing because seems to me that those bastards got dealt more justice out of the confines of German prison than any lengthy court trial would have given.
Yes I somewhat agree but even as cowardly and barbaric as these Islamic idiots are,they still should have been given fair quarter.And I say this not because I believe that they deserve to be treated fairly but simply because I believe we deserve to know and be reminded that we are much better and more civilized then them.
I know where you are coming from man but in all honesty I dont need to play nice and law an order with a murdering bastard to know within myself that I am a good person and a civilized human being.Kinda like if you have a large caliber rifle and you see a lion or rhinoceris charging right at you,you dont stop and think to yourself "hmm would putting this wild beast down be ethical? Laughing "..

Fuck no,if you wanna live you pull that god damned trigger lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|SaD|Cabanaboy101



Posts: 534
Join date: 2010-06-05
Age: 25
Location: Holland!

PostSubject: Re: The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:46 pm

I hear they are shooting a film about this starring among others Jean Reno as the leader of the GIGN forces who stormed the plane.Cant wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

The rescue of Air France Flight 8969 at Marseilles:December 26,1994.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Leather Flight Helmet - BCATP
» France launches international hunt for murder suspect
» hello gals ^^from France
» IRELAND AT WAR WITH FRANCE OVER DEBT CRISIS
» Easy Care Horse Rescue Centre

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Serious Discussions :: The Archives Department-